Saturday, December 1, 2007

Trucking Industry Expenses vs Income

There has to come a time when truckers and brokers will take time and research the industry and wonder if the present industry standard may wipe out this industry!?...

Some brokers are getting rich while others are not making enough to survive. Second party brokers and fuel surcharges are a joke nowadays. Who's going to stop this?

The trucking industry, specifically truckers, have threatened to boycott, stop work, etc for nearly decades now, but it seems that is just talk. I don't know if anyone will ever take this seriously, but the corporations are living it up while the small business owner-operator type businesses are suffering going out of business.

Recently a friend of mine has just closed his business. The reasons behind this as he puts it is because the costs of maintenance are just through the roof. He could no longer balance the income with the expenditures.

I had similar problems with my repair shop. It seems that whenever I service my truck I need to employ myself for an additional job which is to check on my mechanic. Nothing ever gets done right!! I take my truck in to service it for air leaks and after I get done paying the one thousand dollar bill for this service with several different parts paid for that were supposedly needed for this, I go to pick up my truck and find my airbags deflated. After airing up the truck and my governor cuts out I turn off the truck and I can hear a distinctive loud hissing sound resembling air leaking from the truck. How is this possible? Why is a shop that charges a rate of $102/hour still in business while not able to completely eliminate my air leaks and before I paid them good money to have this service completed? This was only one of the issues.

The other issue was to take care of a faulty motor that was replaced on my driver side electric window still under warranty. Why is it I need to loose time to have this repaired and right after I took possession of the truck, allegedly repaired, that I have rattling noises in my door and why is it that my light in the door no longer works now? Why are these shops employing these types of mechanics and why are we paying them over $100 per hour to do this?

Thank you for your time in viewing this.

Sincerely,
Marcel

No comments: